The Driver and His Advice

Everyday I always used angkot to anywhere in my town. So, last night after class in TBI Riau I used angkot and sat beside the driver. He ...

Everyday I always used angkot to anywhere in my town. So, last night after class in TBI Riau I used angkot and sat beside the driver. He asked me about what my activity before. I said English course. I am really surprised! He told me about anything what he really worried. One of them is young generations like me much prefer to speak with English than national or mother language. Very proud. He said our language (Bahasa) in crisis.

It will be more useful if am learning about Arabic. In the hereafter, everyone will be asking with Arabic. Who is your God? Who is your prophet? etc. (we talked as long as road). In Indonesia, so many people who forget or pretending couldn't speak mother language. Indonesia is a big country with so many mother languages from Sabang to Merauke. Why we have to take English course if after that we`re not use English or not going anywhere? Just in Indonesia? It’s a shame! 

In my opinion, He`s an Idealist. Dislike if he doesn`t like and not pretend or act weird to try get others sympathy. Even he really strong with his opinion, he`s well mannered. He said sorry if bother me, but I said nothing, it was fine. 

You know? am double surprised when he said he can speak eight mother language! WOW! Include my mother language, Banjar (Borneo). Uuuuuuu after that, his dialect turns to banjar and very well. Like, Ikam di banjar kah? bujur kah? Ikam handak baamang ka imah ulun? (Are you lives in banjar? really? are you coming to my home?) Aaaaaaa I miss my hometown so badly :'(

It really help to lives in this country if you can speak mother language as much as you can. He proves it! Btw, on the last conversation with him, he gives me some advice.  

Use your time wisely, and think about what we talked before. I hope it can change your point of view.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images