14 Days in Central Borneo

So, I spent my Ied Mubarak holiday with my mom families in Sampit. Are you familiar with the town? If you`re not maybe Borneo will be famili...

So, I spent my Ied Mubarak holiday with my mom families in Sampit. Are you familiar with the town? If you`re not maybe Borneo will be familiar? Yes, Sampit it’s like little town in Central Borneo. I was born in there by the way if you want to know. hehehe 


It took 14 days. A week in Sampit, 3 days in Kuala Pembuang, and 4 days in Palangka Raya. What unsuspected holiday! I never thought it will be good for my emotional. I thought it was bored and exhausted really. Aaaaa I met with my entire cousin. Love them much! I spent all day long with them. Btw,  Sampit had a stories maybe it called histories and that’s why my parents moved to bandung. In 2001, between ethnic group (In my country we called suku) dayak and Madura has disagreement and became a war, ethnic war. Dayak as local ethnic group really mad to Madura as arrival ethnic group. Dayak with all supernatural power try to destroyed madura from land. The situation really bad, the government really pushes their power to take control of situation. 

It takes about 12 years to recover and build anything in Sampit including mentality of the people. One day, my cousins and I take some photo trip around the town. They give me the real picture of sampit now. Many buildings out of condition, people who work in there left the buildings empty. 

one of the empty buildings in there

For your information, people in Sampit build they house with wood but now when I take a trip, I can count house that still use wood as material. Now, they preferred walls from brick than wood. Ah, I love the classic one. When I asked why? My uncle said, the condition of this town cannot take any longer with wood, wall bricks more strong than wood. 

Ohya, I have accompanied my aunt to traditional market. In Bandung I never go to traditional market. hehehe. I have seen a young boy helping his mother to sell some meat. He`s really know how to make consumer happy. When costumer pay and he give the cash back, he always said thank you so much mam with his beautiful smile. 

Sampit really taught me. So many lessons I can learn. As a girl who born in there, I felt have responsibility to Sampit. Even I live in Bandung it doesn`t mean I forgot where I came from. The young boy really makes me thought. Always said thank you to everyone and do everything sincerely. And of course to Allah SWT as My God


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images